At Vertapak we know a lot about packaging products for industry but we also know a thing or two about packaging for domestic moves as well. Just for a change we thought we would share a few tips about how to pack your fragile items. When you decide to move from one place to another, the most tiring and time taking job is packing! And it gets even more time consuming when you have to pack delicate and fragile items. You should know the art of packing crystal and china porcelain items in the best way you can to avoid breakage. Here are a few points you need to know when you need to pack safe before moving.
Things you need
There a few things you need before you decide to wrap the items. These things include; newspapers, plastic bags, plastic boxes or cartons, shredded paper etc.
How To Do It?
- Try getting cartons or boxes that are durable and strong. Most fragile items are heavy and they require a solid box to pack them up in a safe way.
- Use shredded paper to put it all over in the box to pack the fragile item tight leaving no space for the item to move.
- Wrap the items with a newspaper. Avoid using a newspaper with China porcelain as it might leave an impression after you unwrap it. Instead use plain paper on such items.
- Start placing the flat items first. Align them in such a manner that they all fit well in the box. Avoid over filling the box or carton. This might make the box too weak and it might break being unable to withstand the weight of the items.
- Wrap smaller items in plastic and try fitting them in with the bigger ones.
- Crystal items need to be packed separately piece by piece to avoid the shredding of the edges and corners of these items.
- Secure the box by closing the lid properly and by taping it appropriately. Use markers to write ‘fragile’ on the boxes so that you know which box contains what.
We hope this has helped. For all your commercial packaging needs please do not hesitate to get in touch.