Polyethylene foam packaging is used in a variety of applications such as cervical collars, insoles, exercise mats, life jackets, carpet underlay, theater sets and props to name just a few. It has a broad use across many industries including health care, automotive, sports and leisure, marine, building footwear and, of course, packaging.
Polyethylene foam is made in a mould and then formed into a sheet. The length, width and thickness of the sheet depends on the density of the foam and it can be cut, shaped and profiled depending on the job it is being used for.
The benefits of polyethylene foam are numerous and they include;
- The ability to absorb impact and vibrationpolyethylene foam packaging
- High buoyancy with very little water absorption
- Strong acoustic and thermal insulation properties
- Good resistance to adverse weather conditions
- Good chemical resistance
- Splash resistance to oils and fuels
- Excellent for thermo-moulding and thermo-forming
- A strong uniform cell structure which makes it a highly flexible material
- More cost effective than EVA foam
- A suitable replacement for a wide variety of materials such as rubber, felt, wood Composites and fibreglass
- It is non-abrasive and non-corrosive
- Extremely lightweight and flexible
- Enables simple and quick packaging saving both time and money
- Perfect for multiple drops and factory transit applications
- Environmentally friendly packaging
Ideal for transporting vulnerable items
If you have vulnerable items that need to be transported then polyethylene foam packaging is the ideal choice. Its ability to take knocks, bumps, and scuffs without damaging the goods inside means that products seldom get damaged in transit. This ultimately saves time, money and leads to better customer service for your customers. Polyethylene foam packaging is also completely recyclable, making it the ‘green’ choice when it comes to packaging.
With so many benefits it’s little wonder that polyethylene foam packaging is such a widely used materials across so many industries. Available in a variety of colors, we can tailor the packaging specific to your needs so please contact Vertapak and speak to one of our team to discuss your requirements.