Pink and white packing peanuts are made of polystyrene. This is a very durable material that will take centuries to decompose naturally. So, if they are not treated in the right way, packing peanuts can become a serious threat to the environment. Fortunately, there is a way to recycle or reuse packing peanuts effectively and also, to be a bit creative with them:
- Companies can use biodegradable packing peanuts. You can easily recognize these packing peanuts because they come in green colour and they are made from environmentally-friendly materials.
- It is also a good idea to reuse the packing peanuts. Simply store them in a plastic bag and use them whenever you are mailing a package.
- Ask businesses whether they need packing peanuts. Many businesses that ship products would like to take packing peanuts.
- Replace gravel in planters with packing peanuts made of polystyrene. This will give you great drainage and make the planters much easier to move and lift.
- Make the perfect pillow for your dog/pet. This will be a great item for any pet owner. Take a pillowcase with a zipper and stuff it with these packing peanuts. This is the perfect, comfy cushion for the pet. On top of that, these packing peanuts provide great air flow.
- Use packing peanuts to refill your bean bag chairs.
- Use them for a child’s Halloween costume. It is very easy to sew these packing peanuts and use them to create effects on your costume like toned muscles or fat bellies. You can have lots of fun with your kids creating something like this.
We hope we’ve given you some ideas!